Kontakt Strona główna Pliki do pobrania polski

NEWSLETTER

Podaj swój adres e-mail:

11. St. Wincenty a'Paulo Church

M. Kopernika 1 Street

Kościół pw. św. Wincentego aPaulo w Otwocku

The 31st of July 1892 is a day of sacrificing of a chapel built from the social contribution, under the project of Władysław Marconi, on the given ground and start the constant services. The founder of the ground was Zygmunt Kurtz, the owner of the Otwock’s goods and simultaneously the engineer of chapel’s construction. 
In 1901 the chapel was rebuilt under the plans of Władysław Marconi on the small church in the neo-Gothic style, where next to the main altar, two side altars were located. 
On the 1st of June 1911 the church sacrificing had place, as well as the ceremonial founding of st. Wincenty a’Paulo parish.
Between the years 1930-1935 the new temple was built under the architect Łukasz Wolski’s project, the brother of parson Ludwik Wolski, by the controversial for some Otwock’s inhabitants method, because after raising new walls, the existing walls of the old church were taken off. The new church got three naves with three temples in the modernistic style. 
In 1944 the painting of Swojczowska Mother of God, called The Lady of the Wołyńska Land was brought to the Otwock’s church.
The painting comes from Swojczowo, the polish parish in Wołyń, situated in the surroundings of Włodzimierz Wołyński. The Christians of different religion were prying in front of it: Catholics, Greek Catholics, and even the members of the Orthodox church. Its origin is dated as from 17th century.
In 1943 the Ukrainian nationalists liquidated the polish parish, murdering the local population, and blowing up the church. The painting was rescued from the destruction and hidden in the Orthodox Church.