Kontakt Strona główna Pliki do pobrania polski

NEWSLETTER

Podaj swój adres e-mail:

8. Military Sanatorium

Borowa 14/18 Street

On April 25th 1935 the consecration of Military Sanatorium was made. The first sick people came here on may 1st 1935.

Military Sanatorium was built due to the newest architecture  standards. It is beautifully located. 150 meters above sea level, and 20 meters above local area.  The projector of building was dr. St. Rouppert  - chief of War Ministry Health Department. Specific plans were create by architecture professor, Edgar Norwerth.

This enormous sanitary complex consisted of four-storeyed main building and a few small bungalows or storeyed houses, which were a place of garages, gatehouse, staff flats, morgue, autopsy room, incineration an disinfection room for spittoons. 

There were also houses with gardens for doctors, administration house, and sisters convention room.  The kitchen building with pantries on the ground floor and laundry room on the second floor was connected with main building of sanatorium by ground corridor. 

Military Sanatorium was destined for 120 people. It had modernly arranged operation room, roentgen room with Vessely lamp for larynx x-ray, Maurer instrument for Adhesions burning, laboratory, pharmacy, injuries dressing room, dining rooms, with separates room for officers and commissioned officers. Sanatory also had medical offices, operating rooms, physiotherapy room, library, lounges, conference room with covered niche, exposed during chapels, ward kitchens, bathrooms an toilets for sick people and staff, laundries, lying rooms and balconies. Sanatorium was equipped with wireless radio signal and adapters. It has 16 loudspeakers and headphones next to every bed.  It had its own movie device with audio.

Average time of treatment was 3-6 months, but often it was overstepped. Some of the operations was removing and alcoholization of phrenic nerve, thoracoplasty   and pneumotrax.

Military Sanatorium was exclusive treatment centre, destined for officers, commissioned officers and soldier’s families, however civilians were also accepted, whenever there were any free places.  This Sanatorium was Otwock’s reminence in whole Poland.

In September 1939 Sanatorium treated injured and sick front-line soldiers.

In December 1939 Germans disbanded this temporary hospital, and instead of it, they established rehabilitation hospital for German soldiers.